Thursday, July 17, 2008

And Introducing..."The Is" (Isaiah)


Isaiah is our little man. He was given to us on December 29, 2005. The Is can be a handful one minute, and the cutest, kindest kiddo the next minute. He took his first step on September 28, 2006, one day shy of his 9 month birthday. His first word...."Isaiah." His first sneeze: 7:21 p.m. on the day he was born. It really has been amazing watching him grow over the past couple years. I look back on pictures of when he was born and I can't believe that I have this little person interacting with me like he does. He gets excited when I come home from work...he has his favorite toys, movies, books, foods, etc. etc. All of that makes me realize how important every day is when it comes to raising this youngin'.

Right now, we are potty training this character. He's got the #1 down pat. He'll tell us when he has to "pee-pee" and run to the bathroom and handle his business. Even in the grocery store, Target, you name it, he'll let you know that it's time to visit the oval office. That part is great - mostly thanks to Carly working with him. Now, #2, well that is a bit challenging. Let's just say - well, it's like the dog ate my wedding ring and we have to follow him around and catch him pooping it out. Got it? Sai Sai won't tell you if he has to go #2 - he just waits until after he's done and then tells you. Okay, you say. So just change his diaper. Problem is: we have him wearing his favorite Cars or Buzz Lightyear underwear. It kinda looks like Lightnin' McQueen is driving on a muddy road. Only it's no fun participating in that 4x4'ing. But Isaiah is working on it, and it should be over before we know it.

That's just a short intro on The Is...someone you'll get to know if you hang around this blog for a while. I'll post some pictures and video of him as soon as I learn to navigate this sight. Up next, The Am - Amaiah.

No comments: