Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Isaiah's First Day of School











August 11, 2009. Isaiah's first day of school at Copper Creek. As you can see, Isaiah loves his Lightning McQueen & Mater backpack. Me and Carly were as nervous as ever. We have had two children (one with no epidural), we have jumped out of an airplane at 12,000 feet, but nothing compares to the feeling of dropping Isaiah off at his first day of Pre-School. Carly and I both felt like we were going to actually throw-up. But, alas, everything went great!!
Isaiah was excited to go to his "schoo-koo." When we got there, there was a sign that said "Parent's Waiting Area" by a gate to his classroom. The teacher and an aide came out to get the kids. They grabbed about three or four children and went to take Isaiah's hand all the while saying, "Say good-bye to Daddy." Yeah right! I had to let these people know - Daddy's walking Isaiah to his classroom to make sure he doesn't freak out. And he didn't freak out. (I'll post the video of when he first walked in the classroom too). He walked right in and started playing with toys. And then there's me...hanging out just outside the classroom, every once in a while peeking my head around the door looking like a crazy man. I'm sure someone had their cell phone out about to call the cops. "Who is that creepy guy looking in the class?!" But walking away from that classroom was one of the hardest things I've done.
The Pick-Up: Carly picked him up and here's the quote from our little man: "I love my school, forever." Now, when he's 16 and it is taking a crane to get him out of bed to go to school, I'll remind him that he said he loves school, forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i remmember this day i was soo freaking scare to leave him there.. i didnt know the teacher or nada!!! i was soo scare and i told him.. sai sai im scare to leave you here. and he told me its ok leli ill be ok :)

Ely.